11th Class Physics Test Paper- Gravitation
CBSE TEST PAPER-01
CLASS - XI PHYSICS (Gravitation)
1. On which fundamental law of physics is Kepler's second law is based? 
2. Which is greater the attraction of the earth for 1 kg of aluminum or aluminum or attraction of 1kg of aluminum for the earth?
3. Distance between two bodies is increased to three times its original value.What is the effect on the gravitational force between them?
4. The distance of the planet Jupiter from the sun is 5.2 times that of the earth. Find the period of the Jupiter’s revolution around the sun?
5. Show that for a two particle system F12 = F21
6. State two essential requisites of geostationary satellite? 
7. Show that an artificial satellite circling round the earth in an orbit of radius obeys Kepler’s third low?
8. A 400kg satellite in a circular orbit of radius 2 Re about the earth calculate the kinetic energy potential energy and total energy of the satellite? RE = 6.4x106m, M = 6x1024kg
9. Two uniform solid spheres of radii R and 2R are at rest with their surfaces just touching. Find the force of gravitational attraction between them if density of spheres be P?
10. Find expressions for (1) potential energy (2) kinetic energy (3) total energy for an artificial satellite.